- To provide legal advice or opinion on all aspects of legal problems of the various State Government Ministries or Departments which are referred to the Chambers for opinion or advice and to give advice to the State Public Service Commission on all disciplinary and service matters.
- To deal with any other legal matters of all State Government Ministries and Departments.
- To deal with all civil matters in which the State Government is a party, to act as advocates in civil proceedings by or against the State Government and to advise State Government Ministries and Departments on all civil matters whenever such advice is required.
- To deal with all syariah court matters in which the State Government is a party and native court matters in which the State Government appears as amicus curiae.
- To draft all legislation to be passed by the State Legislative Assembly, regulations, orders, instruments, by-laws and other legal documents including the translation of draft legislation to be passed by the State Legislative Assembly into Bahasa Kebangsaan;
- To deal with the revision and reprint of all existing State Laws by incorporating all the latest amendments.